- ISO Certification
The burden of occupational injuries and diseases is significant, both for employers and the wider economy, resulting in losses from early retirements, staff absence and rising insurance premiums. To combat the problem, ISO is developing a new standard, ISO 45001, Occupational health and safety management systems – Requirements, that will help organizations reduce this burden by providing a framework to improve employee safety, reduce workplace risks and create better, safer working conditions, all over the world. The standard is currently being developed by a committee of occupational health and safety experts, and will follow other generic management system approaches such as ISO 14001 and ISO 9001. It will take into account other International Standards in this area such as OHSAS 18001, the International Labour Organization’s ILO-OSH Guidelines, various national standards and the ILO’s international labour standards and conventions.
ISO 45001:2018, the replacement of OHSAS 18001:2007 & the world’s first occupational health & safety standard was published on 12th March 2018.
- If you currently have certification to OHSAS 18001:2007, you will need to make appropriate arrangements to migrate to ISO 45001. As with 9001 and 14001, there has been a three-year migration period agreed running from 12th March 2018 to 11th March 2021.
- OHSAS 18001 Certification will still be recognised until the end of the migration period, however, OHSAS 18001 certificates will not be issued by us (Approachable Certification Limited) with a validity past 12th March 2021.
- for more info about OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001 migration you can directly contact our lead auditors.
- ISO 45001:2018, the replacement of OHSAS 18001:2007 & the world’s first occupational health & safety standard was published on 12th March 2018. Contact us directly for more info.
- Improve employee safety
- Boost stakeholder confidence
- Increase productivity
- Lower insurance costs
- Reduce risk at work site
- Gain a competitive advantage & Engage employees in safety
- Demonstrate your commitment to safety