What is ISO 50001?
Organisations are not able to control energy prices, national country policy or the global economy, however, an organisation can improve the way they manage energy. Improving energy performance can provide benefits for an organisation by maximising the use of energy sources and energy related assets. The objective being to reduce both energy costs and consumption.
The objective of ISO 50001 is to provide organisations with a framework for integrating energy performance into their everyday management practices. International organisations will have access to an internationally harmonised standard for implementation across the organisation with a consistent methodology for identifying and implementing improvements.
What are the benefits?
- Assist in making better use of their existing energy consuming assets
- Facilitate communication on the management of energy resources
- Promote energy management best practices and reinforce good energy management behaviour
- Assist evaluating and prioritising the implementation of new energy efficient technologies
- Provides a framework for promoting energy efficiency throughout the supply chain
- Facilitate energy management improvements for greenhouse gas emission reduction projects
- Integration with other organisational management systems such as environmental, and health and safety.